As a tailored and dynamic sports performance platform – Kairos optimises the performance of professional athletes by providing them with a structured tool to engineer and own their bespoke medical, athletic and skill requirements. These features are delivered simultaneously alongside real-time insights allowing the athlete to attain peak performance on game day.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (BACKEND)
Kairos is a platform for professional sports clubs to streamline planning and optimize performance.
Co-founded by Andrew Trimble an ex-professional rugby player with Ireland and Ulster, Kairos, having successfully completed trials within the professional sports arena, is now ready to develop its MVP and deploy at a pace to the market and to continually and rapidly evolve in response to a changing and dynamic market.
As a hugely ambitious start-up with significant traction already we need you to be skilled, wanting to learn, focused, dogged, fast paced and with a huge appetite for being the best and working with the best. We have a strong ethos that values positive intent, teamwork, driven by diversity, has a no blame culture, is patient, efficient and will be a huge success.
We are now looking for an experienced Backend/Platform engineer go join our team to build out the next generation of scheduling and communications APIs for professional sports clubs.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop the Kairos platform, building out scheduling and communications functionality
- Designing and Implementing APIs, mostly using GraphQL for use with webapp and mobile clients
- Developing services using Ruby on Rails
- Evaluating and integrating with third party tools and services
- Mentoring other engineers
- Writing technical proposals and solution documents
What we expect from you
- While we develop most of our API with Ruby on Rails, knowing Ruby isn’t a prerequisite, although obviously a big advantage. But we would expect you to be familiar and skilled with any language such as Ruby, Python, GO, Java etc and to have used analogous web frameworks to Rails in a particular language.
- Experience of API design and implementation, previous experience with GraphQL is a major help but not essential, but we expect experience in REST or gRPC.
- Hands on experience with automated CI/CD infrastructure such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI etc.
- Some experience with deployment environments and cloud technologies such as Heroku or Kubernetes would be useful, but not essential. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud etc. is also beneficial.
What we can offer
- A lot of creative freedom
- Professional development, conference budget, training resources.
- 100% remote working available
- An excellent salary
- Share options
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a short cover letter. Your cover letter should include an outline of some recent projects you’ve worked on. If you’re successful in getting through initial screening, you’ll be asked to complete a take home technical assessment before progression to a final interview.